Why I have next to no chance of ever getting hired.
1. I spoke out publicly on being Aspergers. This now days is a no no. Even if you do it to help others understand Aspergers. A lot of HR departments will search the web and find my name next posts talking about being Aspergers.
This makes me hire risk because of the ADA. They will see me as a lawsuit waiting to happen. Even if I despise such lawsuits.
2. I spoke out on politics publicly. Again this is a no no. Considering were I stand on politics and who is currently in the Whitehouse. Then my degree is also in an industry that is incredibly leftest. If you are libertarian, never get a entertainment based degree like me. You will never get work.
Again HR will search my name and come up with political posts with my name attached.
3. I have spoke out on student loans and the waste of college degrees. Another unpopular topic that one should never speck of if one wants work.
I have never passed one in my life. There for this tests are a barrier to me. A wall to my chances of employment. Personality is more important then skill now days. Personality also does not mean you can’t do the job ether. I can fake happy. It would be like a acting job. Pulse with some jobs, why do you have to be perky? Why is this a requirement?
In some stores were they have this personality tests. I have seen some of the most grumpy people in the world. Who can careless about their jobs. So if the personality tests are working. Why do they have the opposite in the types of people they hire?
5. Some employers will hire you based on your credit score and amount of debt. As an example. If you have a large amount of debt. You can’t get security clearance. Both in the private sector and the goverment.
With the amount of student debt I have racketed up. I have no why of getting these kinds of jobs.
6. I have no industry experience. Before the economy went into its nose dive. My industry of animation. The hire out from grads at my school was close to a 100%. After the economy fell on its face. The industry retroactively started to require three years of industry experience.
When you are fresh out of college how the hell are you expected to have 3 years of industry experience? I had a lot of employers who loved my work, but they were not willing to hire based on that sole fact I had no experience in the industry experience. “Sorry Joe we love your work but you have no experience!”
7. I am stuck loving with parents because of my lack of employment prospects. We I live. If you have a 4 year degree. You have no chance at work. It does not matter what degree it is. It could be in underwater basket weaving and you could not get hire.
Here is why. 1. You are considered a flight risk, they will think you will go for a better paid job the minute you find one. 2. Jealously on the part of the hiring mangers, “he has a degree and I don’t!” 3. The mangers fear you because of your degree. They think you are out for their job.
With all of this I have zero chance of ever getting hired by anyone, anywhere. There is no light at the end of my tunnel. It has caved in and is permanently blocked.