Why I have next to no chance of ever getting hired.
1. I spoke out publicly on being Aspergers. This now days is a no no. Even if you do it to help others understand Aspergers. A lot of HR departments will search the web and find my name next posts talking about being Aspergers.
This makes me hire risk because of the ADA. They will see me as a lawsuit waiting to happen. Even if I despise such lawsuits.
2. I spoke out on politics publicly. Again this is a no no. Considering were I stand on politics and who is currently in the Whitehouse. Then my degree is also in an industry that is incredibly leftest. If you are libertarian, never get a entertainment based degree like me. You will never get work.
Again HR will search my name and come up with political posts with my name attached.
3. I have spoke out on student loans and the waste of college degrees. Another unpopular topic that one should never speck of if one wants work.
I have never passed one in my life. There for this tests are a barrier to me. A wall to my chances of employment. Personality is more important then skill now days. Personality also does not mean you can’t do the job ether. I can fake happy. It would be like a acting job. Pulse with some jobs, why do you have to be perky? Why is this a requirement?
In some stores were they have this personality tests. I have seen some of the most grumpy people in the world. Who can careless about their jobs. So if the personality tests are working. Why do they have the opposite in the types of people they hire?
5. Some employers will hire you based on your credit score and amount of debt. As an example. If you have a large amount of debt. You can’t get security clearance. Both in the private sector and the goverment.
With the amount of student debt I have racketed up. I have no why of getting these kinds of jobs.
6. I have no industry experience. Before the economy went into its nose dive. My industry of animation. The hire out from grads at my school was close to a 100%. After the economy fell on its face. The industry retroactively started to require three years of industry experience.
When you are fresh out of college how the hell are you expected to have 3 years of industry experience? I had a lot of employers who loved my work, but they were not willing to hire based on that sole fact I had no experience in the industry experience. “Sorry Joe we love your work but you have no experience!”
7. I am stuck loving with parents because of my lack of employment prospects. We I live. If you have a 4 year degree. You have no chance at work. It does not matter what degree it is. It could be in underwater basket weaving and you could not get hire.
Here is why. 1. You are considered a flight risk, they will think you will go for a better paid job the minute you find one. 2. Jealously on the part of the hiring mangers, “he has a degree and I don’t!” 3. The mangers fear you because of your degree. They think you are out for their job.
With all of this I have zero chance of ever getting hired by anyone, anywhere. There is no light at the end of my tunnel. It has caved in and is permanently blocked.
Survey: Recent high school grads having trouble finding full-time work
- 37% of recent high school grads without a college degree had a full-time job before the recession, according to a Rutgers University study
- 16% of recent high school grads without a college degree had a full-time job post-recession; part-time worker levels have gone down, too source
» A somewhat odd note from the article: ”In the two months since the survey was conducted, a large share of participants have had their phone numbers disconnected and could not be reached.” Now it’s possible they all got new cell phone numbers, or that they’re simply hard to track. But still, that’s not a common thing to happen in a survey.
Why college was a waste for me.
College was a wast of time and money for me on many counts, this why:
1. A bad employment history before college. The propaganda out there for college is like if go to collage, past employment wont matter. It will be like starting over. That is not the case. Most employers will consider any all past work.
Then in my case people tell me, “Leave college off your resume.” I can’t do that, its not even was an option. If I were to do it. I would have a 6 year employment cap. Then chances of being a employed would be even scarcer then it is now for me.
2. Lack of industry experience. No one tells you when you start college you need industry experience on top of having the degree. In my case I got a degree in animation. The requirement, on top of having a 4 year degree is 3 years of industry experience. Out of gate I am beat in my own industry.
3. I am now two educated for the area were I live. The hiring mangers here will not hire you if you have a 4 year degree or better degree. They consider you a threat to their jobs, or a flight risk. At this point I could not even get a job at McDonald’s or Walmart.
4. Lack of employment means no way I can pay back my student loans. This is enslaving. Some employers wont hire you if you have a missive debt of any kind. It would be hard to get security clearance if you want to work for the military as a civilian. Death to your credit history. If your credit history was good before college, say goodbye after if you can’t get work. Also under the law it is almost impossible to include student debt in a bankruptcy, so you will be living with this stain for the rest of your life. So there is no way of ever clearing the record.
5. For me it was also wast because of my depression and anxiety. This prevents me from being a effective job searcher. On top of the Aspergers, it makes it almost impossible for me to get a job in the first place. Making the eduction mute.
College is a scam. Only ones who should go are ones who need for specialized jobs, like medical, engineering, law etc. That it. Most people can get along with out the hardships that come with college.
I need work. It is so frustrating. I am to educated for my area. Under qualified any were else. I am stuck in a catch 22. People in my industry love my art, but will not hire me because I don’t have 3 years of industry experience. Something that is impossible to do right out of college. Then in my area were I live, I am now unemployed because no one will hire me or others like me who have 4 year degrees. I am at my whits end. Its sending me into a deeper dispersion in the process.
If I knew what I know now. I would not have gone to college. I would have had four solid years of work under my belt, and not student loans. I could have been in a management position by now. Instead I am back at school getting a MBA so I can delay the pain of my student loans. In the end I wont be any more hireable then I was before.
I at this point have no future.
Why I wont work for the goverment.
I have having major issues in finding gainful employment. Any none goverment job I am up for. Yet I don’t get any bites. When I ask for job advise and places to locate job opportunities. Most of my friends end up pointing me to goverment jobs. It is annoying. Considering my world view on goverment.
Why would I work for something I so despise, that it makes me sick. Something that would put me in the position to use the force of arms on people. Mostly likely people who have happen to mistakenly ran afoul of the bureaucracy. Nothing more.
A goverment increasingly going corrupt at a exponential rate. Its not like the Postal Service my Grandpa served, or the Air Force he served faithfully for 20 years. I could not work for a government were the rules are not there for fair play, but there to service the bureaucrat and what ever fraud he wants to commit.
Then I have my own moral and ethical concerns. As a Austro-libertarian, why would I work for something that is the complete opposite of what I believe in? It would be like a Pro-Life doctor working for Planned Parenthood, or an atheist working for the Catholic church.
Every time I see a job posting for a goverment job. I feel sick. It is not a nice feeling. I could not work for something were I would feel that on a daily basses. I also can’t disengage be beliefs for a job. I wont be like the Nazi solder who claims he was just following orders.
I will starve to death before I work for the government in any form. That would also include political office or political appointment. I just can’t do it.
I had to put this down its been brewing in my head. Thanks for reading.
While I was waiting for my coffee, I watched Obama’s speech
To help reduce the power of the federal government, he’s asking to raise the debt limit by $1.2 trillion dollars.
…all in a matter of three or four minutes.
Can one call them selves and Libertine and work for the goverment?
Image via Wikipedia
At this point I am getting desperate for work. Yet I can’t bring my self to even apply for a goverment job, Local, State or Federal. I am having a hard time with my idealism and my desire to live. Pleas help.
Germany: many seek to switch to public health insurance
Many private health insurance plans pushed through hefty premium increases at the beginning of the year and that’s behind the move to switch, the magazine said.
“We’ve gotten increased telephone inquiries from those privately insured who want to come to the AOK,” Wilfried Jacobs, the head of the AOK in Rheinland/Hamburg, told the magazine. The AOK, with 15 regional branches and some 24 million members, is Germany’s largest public health insurance organisation. The magazine said other public health insurers have received similar inquiries.
These include when someone has lost their job. You can also switch if you are an employee whose salary falls below the € 45,900 level. Workers who used to be self-employed but now have a full-time position with a similar salary may also change. (via The Local)