Welcome to the World of Criminalized Knowledge
As of this afternoon, the website defcad.org (online home of Defense Distributed) and all of the information contained on it are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States Government. Don’t believe me? See for yourself.
Defense Distributed founder Cody Wilson received a letter from the State Department Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance demanding that hetake down the online blueprints for the 3D-printable “Liberator” handgun that his group released Monday, along with nine other 3D-printable firearms components hosted on the group’s website Defcad.org, while it reviews the files for compliance with export control laws for weapons known as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, or ITAR. By uploading the weapons files to the Internet and allowing them to be downloaded abroad, the letter implies Wilson’s high-tech gun group may have violated those export controls.
“Until the Department provides Defense Distributed with final [commodity jurisdiction] determinations, Defense Distributed should treat the above technical data as ITAR-controlled,” reads the letter, referring to a list of ten CAD files hosted on Defcad that include the 3D-printable gun, silencers, sights and other pieces. “This means that all data should be removed from public access immediately. Defense Distributed should review the remainder of the data made public on its website to determine whether any other data may be similarly controlled and proceed according to ITAR requirements.”
You can download The Liberator here.
Free Videos Listed at CopBlock.Org:
- Leftover Crack – Operation M.O.V.E. 3-min.
- Caught in the act – why citizens MUST retain the right to film police & government officials 4-min.
- Brother Ali – Uncle Sam Goddamn 5-min.
- Non-Aggression Principle by Liberation Animation 5-min.
- Know Your Place: A Response 5-min
- Lowkey – Terrorist? 7-min.
- “FILM THE POLICE” B. Dolan ft. Toki Wright, Jasiri X, Buddy Peace, Sage Francis 7-min.
- Cops on Camera by the Cato Institute 8-min.
- If You See Something, Film Something 8-min.
- A brief history of the Modern Police 8-min.
- Want to End Police Brutality? Focus on the Institution 9-min
- I’m Allowed to Rob You! 10-min.
- How Could A Voluntary Society Function? 13-min.
- The Reason To Peacefully Cooperate 18-min.
- Adventures in Legal Land 40-min.
- Politics versus Personal Liberty 42-min.
- BUSTED: The Citizen’s Guide to Surviving Police Encounters by Flex Your Rights 45-min.
- Agorist Class Theory: A Left-Libertarian Approach to Class Conflict Analysis 48-min.
- Don’t Talk to Police 49-min.
- Torture: America’s Brutal Prison’s 50-min.
- These Streets Are Watching 53-min.
- The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude 67-min
- America: Freedom to Fascism 107-min.
- State or Private Law Society? 115-min
- American Drug War: The Last White Hope 122-min.
- Waco: The Rules of Engagement 136-min.