What surprised me is Washington. Considering how many other taxes we have that are high. Such as property tax and in the King County area, extremely high sales tax. Not to mention our high regulations and the costs that come with that.
TAXATION WITH MISREPRESENTATION: IS IT AS BAD AS TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION?
- Taxation with Misrepresentation: Is it as bad as Taxation without Representation?
- Elected to Uphold the Constitution: Democrats fight to violate our Second Amendment rights and both Republicans and Democrats often try to restrict our Freedom of Speech and Press in addition to our Constitutionally Guaranteed Right to Privacy
- Elected to Protect Liberties and Equality: Republicans fight to restrict the rights of gays and deny Marriage Equality
- Elected to Help the Economy: Yet it seems like rather than protecting the interest of the Peoples' Economy Congress is protecting the interest of their own personal economy through overtaxation that allows them to recklessly spend another man's money.
- We Elect Them to Serve Us: But they seemingly only serve themselves; this is taxation with misrepresentation; is it as bad as the taxation without representation experienced by the Colonists?
If you’ve got the IRS operating in anything less than a neutral and nonpartisan way, then that is outrageous. It is contradictory to our traditions, and people have to be held accountable.
note: unfortunate misuse of pronouns (“we”, “our”).